Casinos that accept deposits via GiroPay
In Germany, this payment system ranks second in terms of the number of processed transactions per month. GiroPay’s multi-million-dollar customer base also does not allow it to be considered an outsider in the online payment market. The payment system was created to make it easier to work with a bank account and speed up payment for goods and services.
Casinos are willing to cooperate with the payment system, so GiroPay is also suitable for adding funds to your account. The payment system was founded in 2005, but the first transactions were processed in 2006. GiroPay was founded by Volksbanken RaitFeisenbanken and Postbank. The target audience is Germany and Austria, with more than 17 million registered customers in both countries.
Since 2014, compatibility of GiroPay and the Austrian online payment system Überweisung has been implemented. The total number of clients of both systems exceeds 40 million people. By and large, every person who has a bank account with a partner bank can use GiroPay services.
More than 1,500 banks have become partners of the payment system, so paying for a purchase online in the EU will not be a problem. GiroPay is rarely used outside of the EU. To do this, you need to have an account with a European bank, so people outside the EU prefer to use other options.
As for the work itself, GiroPay provides comfortable management of your own bank account. You can transfer money online for goods and services, and the money goes to the seller instantly. As a result, you get the reliability, security of the bank and the speed of the electronic payment system.
Of the inconveniences, we note only the limit of €5,000, but for most this will be quite enough. It is unlikely that you deposit such amounts in the casino.
Advantages and disadvantages
GiroPay has many strengths:
- speed, security, and anonymity;
- comfort of work, payments are made online, literally in a couple of minutes. The transaction is confirmed in a few seconds;
- easy registration;
- simplified payment procedure when the purchase price is up to €30.
There are few disadvantages:
- the geography of work is limited to the European Union. This restriction is due to the fact that partner banks operate mainly in the EU. But if you have an account opened in it, no one bothers to pay with GiroPay from anywhere in the world;
- the commission is 1%. And this is the commission of the service itself, here you can add the bank commission and the possible commission of the casino itself (although it is most often equal to 0).
If you have an account with a European bank, then GiroPay is right for you. In all other cases, you will have to refuse to use it.
How to top up your account, and which casinos support GiroPay
Adding funds to your casino account is done as follows::
- choose the appropriate deposit method;
- enter the amount and click on “Pay”;
- now the bank should check whether you are actually making the payment. Most often, verification takes place via an SMS message. By entering the code from the SMS, you confirm the payment and the bank sends the money to the merchant’s bank details. Unlike a regular bank transfer, you don’t need to wait for several business days.Everything happens almost instantly.
So GiroPay acts as an intermediary between you and your bank account.
As for the popularity of this method, GiroPay supports several dozen online casinos. You can see this for yourself by selecting GiroPay in the filters by deposit method section on the right side of the page. The results show 41 casinos. If this method is not available on the site, please contact technical support. Some casinos simply don’t show it in the list of available methods for some reason.
GiroPay is a great system for working with your bank account.If you have opened an account with a European bank, then it is really convenient to work with it. You can buy goods and pay for services online, and there are no restrictions on working with the casino. Unless the bank does not allow customers to send money to the casino account, but these details need to be clarified in technical support. If you don’t have an account with a European bank, you won’t be able to use this system either.