The Swedish developer of gambling software Quickspin managed to enter the vanguard of the iGaming niche in a short period of time and join one of the largest holdings on the market. The company specializes in the production of innovative, colorful slots and regularly enters into partnership agreements with well-known brands.
History and profile
QuickSpin’s rapid success in the online casino industry is not accidental. The company was founded in 2011 by people who were directly related to the gambling industry. Its founder and CEO is Daniel Lindberg, who spent five years at NetEnt as Head of Sales and Product Management. His two main allies, Mats Westerlund, who headed the design department at NetEnt, and Joachim Timmermans, who spent more than seven years in senior positions at the Unibet Group, also had similar experience in the iGaming niche. With such leadership, the Quickpin project was doomed to success.
The main focus of our work is the production of modern slots adapted for mobile devices. Success was not long in coming. Already in 2012, the developer was shortlisted at the EGR B2B Awards in three categories. A year later, the provider was recognized as a “Rising Star of the industry” at the same EGR awards, and the game Big Bad Wolf was recognized as the best in 2013 at the EGR Operator Awards.
Partnership deals were gradually concluded with the largest brands on the market: Betclic, Unibet, Gala, Bet365, Rank, Coral, Labdrokes, William Hill, Paddy Power. In 2014, the company won two awards at the EGR B2B Awards: “Best Social Provider” and “Best Mobile Software of the Year”.
At the moment, the list of brands that cooperate with the developer has exceeded one hundred. In addition to the already mentioned online casinos, QuickSpin also cooperates with Mr. Green, Betsson Group, 188Bet, Betvictor, LeoVegas, SBTech platform, Marathonbet, Pokerstars.
The provider’s success has been noticed by industry giants. And in 2016, the developer was absorbed by one of the largest holdings in the entire market – Playtech. The transaction amount was 24 million euros. But QuickSpin has retained its previous management and continues to issue slots on its own behalf. A number of important events took place in 2016-18 alone:
- Romanian gambling market debut after agreement with Netbet;
- Deal with Norwegian state operator Norsk Tipping for the supply of video slots;
- Release of unique gamification features Achievements Engine and HiRoller;
- Partnership with
Quickspin regularly invites talented employees from other gambling companies, which contributes to its rapid growth. Currently, the company employs over 70 people. There are offices in Stockholm and Malta. In 2015, the company was named one of the three fastest-growing companies in the Swedish IT segment.
Our partners mainly include British brands. This is a consequence of the fact that QuickSpin has licenses from the gambling commissions of the UK and Malta.
Special features of slots
In total, there are 37 slots in the project developer’s portfolio for the second quarter of 2018. Of these, 31 are mobile-friendly. All new products are released in HTML5. Almost all slots have low or medium volatility. Only five games don’t have a bonus round. RTP from 96% to 97.3%. Mostly dominated by slot machines with a 5×4 playing field.
One of the features of the manufacturer is creativity. They don’t release branded slots in honor of movies or comics, but create stories and backstories for the game themselves. One of the company’s chief executives, Jan Timmermans, described the QuickSpin portfolio as follows::
“We produce slots that we like to play ourselves. It’s great that everyone else shares our tastes.”
But the key features of the developer’s slot machines are various elements of gamification. There are already four of them:
- Achievements Engine – the achievement engine. This is a special slot supplement designed to make the gameplay more fun. Players receive special tokens for six different spin events (two savages, a scatter…) on four different levels. Once a certain number of achievements and tokens are accumulated, they can be exchanged for bonus spins or respins.
- Achievements Race – a race of achievements. Another element of gamification, the essence of which is that Quickspin slots have added periods of active dropout of achievements. This feature complements the Achievements Engine.
- HiRoller is a special feature that adds variety to the game. Players can now choose from three different modes, each with five special spins available. The player can activate these special features. For example, a bet of 20 euros guarantees that a wild will appear once per five spins.
- Tournaments is an add-on to the Achievements Engine and Achievements Race that allows you to conduct tournaments between players. And the gamblers themselves will be able to check their position in the rating in real time.
Top games from Quickspin
Although the developer’s portfolio is not yet very rich and diverse, but it already has several hits:
- Big Bad Wolf-a slot that brought the developer a win on EGR. It has a high RTP (97.3%) and its bonus features. A slot machine with a standard 5×3 playing field and 25 fixed paylines. There is a free spins mode with the possibility of respins. Bonus features: replacement of symbols on the reels, additional savages, house blowing mode.
- Sakura Fortune is a 5×4 slot with 40 active paylines. In this slot machine, the Achievements Engine mode was introduced for the first time. Decorated in oriental tones. There are free spins with fixing wilds on one reel and the opportunity to win respins.
- Second Strike – a 5×3 machine with 96.5% RTP. The key feature is the Second Strike function. It is activated if the slot machine in random mode selected the same symbol that formed the winning combination. After that, additional symbols appear on the reels, which significantly increases the gambler’s winnings.
As a result
Quickspin is a reputable software provider with a small portfolio of slots so far. However, the developer actively introduces innovations and gamification elements, which makes their products attractive.